St. Monica Parish

St. Monica Parish
Why I Pray! Jesus is present in the Tabernacle. He promised to never leave us and his promise is true.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Matthew, the tax collector

In today's Gospel, we meet Matthew, the tax collector. Jesus tells us that he came not for the healthy but for the sinner. I am a sinner. I find it hard to believe that Jesus could love me since he knows all of my sins - past, present, and future. Yet he awakens a longing in my heart that can not be completely filled while I walk in this life. When I spend time in prayer and quiet reflection, I know in the deepest parts of my self that I am loved beyond all imagining. I am called to greater things. Like Matthew I long to follow my Lord wherever he leads me. I am loved. I am forgiven. And I am called to do the same for others - all others!!

No comments:

Post a Comment