St. Monica Parish

St. Monica Parish
Why I Pray! Jesus is present in the Tabernacle. He promised to never leave us and his promise is true.

Saturday, February 13, 2021

Sin and Darkness

"O Lord, Father most merciful, receive, I beg You, Your prodigal child! I have suffered enough; I have long enough been the slave of Your enemies, which You put beneath Your feet; I have been long enough the plaything of false flatterers. I know that I must turn to You. When I knock at Your door, let me find it open; show me the way to come to You. All I know is that I must despise unstable and temporary goods to seek those that are stable and eternal." St. Augustine 

We are all born into this world as sinners. It's in time we come to know the one and only true God who is absolute Love. We always have choices - to choose the sin in our lives or to choose Love where we find truth. 

My early days and years were filled with sin and darkness. My mind was clouded and confused. I justified the sin in my life and wondered where God was. It was on the long journey seeking Him that I found Him and my confusion dissipated. I came to see and hear and know and love. The reality of my life became clear and questions answered. I know Love. Once we know Love, there is no going back. It would be a foolish thing to do. I walk not in darkness now but in the light trusting that He who loved me first will lead me where I need to go and do with me as He wills. I am blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment