St. Monica Parish

St. Monica Parish
Why I Pray! Jesus is present in the Tabernacle. He promised to never leave us and his promise is true.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

"Ancient Whisper"

This posting from Tuesday June 26 morning prayer in the Magnificat struck me and stayed with me in such a way that I had to repost it -

"Whoever exalts himself will be humbled. (Mt 23: 12)
"Pride sets subtle snares. Whenever we imagine that we are in control of life - our own or someone else's - we have fallen prey to the ancient whisper in the Garden: 'You shall be like gods.' Mortality is the enduring reminder that we become like God not by our own power but by the power of the cross."

We are such weak beings and yet so full of ourselves. Day in and day out, I think I have the answer for myself and others only to find out that all is not as it seems. I tread water only to find myself drowning in my own desires and needs and then realize that I really don't know what is best for me so how could I possibly know what is best for those around me. It can all seem so confusing at times and then I sense His voice telling me to just let go and let Him take care of it for He is God and I am not. Oh, I do so desperately need this reminder over and over again.

God, you are love, true love, and you will lead me gently where I need to go. Blessings in abundance!!

No comments:

Post a Comment