St. Monica Parish

St. Monica Parish
Why I Pray! Jesus is present in the Tabernacle. He promised to never leave us and his promise is true.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Heaven

I'm reading Peter Kreeft's book, "Heaven, The Heart's Deepest Longing". Many things strike me in this book as Peter Kreeft's writings usually do. I want to share one of them.

Peter Kreeft tells us that this is from St. Augustine -
"Imagine God appeared to you and said, "I'll make a deal with you if you wish. I'll give you anything and everything you ask: pleasure, power, honor, wealth, freedom, even peace of mind and a good conscience. Nothing will be a sin; nothing will be forbidden; and nothing will be impossible for you. You will never be bored and you will never die. Only...you shall never see my face."

Strikes the heart!! God bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment