St. Monica Parish

St. Monica Parish
Why I Pray! Jesus is present in the Tabernacle. He promised to never leave us and his promise is true.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

St. Augustine

St. Augustine is one of the many saints that I admire and wish to model. "Late have I loved thee" he said and how true that is for me. How different all of our lives would be if we were to always love Jesus first!!

This was the second reading in today's Liturgy of the Hours -

"Late have I loved you, Beauty so ancient and so new, late have I loved you!
Lo, you were within,
  but I outside, seeking there for you,
  and upon the shapely things you have made
  I rushed headlong – I, misshapen.
You were with me, but I was not with you.
They held me back far from you,
  those things which would have no being,
  were they not in you.
You called, shouted, broke through my deafness;
  you flared, blazed, banished my blindness;
  you lavished your fragrance, I gasped; and now I pant for you;
  I tasted you, and now I hunger and thirst;
  you touched me, and I burned for your peace."
 
How we all long for our Creator and Redeemer once we spend time with him and get to know him. We are never the same again!! God bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment