St. Monica Parish

St. Monica Parish
Why I Pray! Jesus is present in the Tabernacle. He promised to never leave us and his promise is true.

Monday, December 17, 2012

Why I Love being Catholic - continued!

My thought process was distracted by the stories I read from my favorite bloggers. I must continue the thought of "Why I love being Catholic."

It's really very simple! Jesus!! We need to just spend our days praising and thanking our wonderful Creator and Redeemer and He has given us so many reasons to do this!

His life began in a very simple way - a child was conceived in a virgin womb! How unbelievable is this? But then it continues - His mother asks him to help the bride and groom who seem to have run out of wine. In her faith and trust, she tells the waiters to "do whatever he tells you" as she continues to tell us today. So Jesus turned water into wine! How unbelievable is this? But then it continues - the blind see, the deaf hear, the lame walk. Nothing like this has ever been done before! How unbelievable is this? But then it continues - he enjoys his Passover meal with his disciples and changes bread into his body and wine into his blood and tells them "to do this in remembrance of him." How unbelievable is this? But then it continues - he dies after being beaten, bloodied, spat upon, crowned with thorns, and crucified and then, he rises from the dead! How unbelievable is this!! What is it about this man that drew so many to him?

The Catechism of the Catholic Church tells us: After his Resurrection, Jesus' divine sonship becomes manifest in the power of his glorified humanity. He was "designated Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by his Resurrection from the dead". The apostles can confess: "We have beheld his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth."

With Jesus, all is possible. We believe or we do not believe! We come into this world with free will. God loves us so much, He will never force himself upon us or force His will upon us. We can freely choose to believe or not to believe. I love my Catholic faith. For nowhere else can I find the sacraments that give me the graces I need to find my way back home to Jesus, especially the food for the journey (Eucharist) and the mercy of God (Reconciliation). I am blessed and it fills me with joy!

I've spoken of my favorite bloggers, but will continue in another blog about my favorite books, movies, and online websites that enhance and support my journey to love my faith. God bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment